06 May 2009

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries


















Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika (smoke paprika preferred, but I used regular)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F. Slice potatoes in half legthwise and then cut each half into four wedges. Toss the wedges with the oil, cayenne pepper, salt and paprika, then lay the pieces on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes (turn halfway through) until they're browned on the outside and tender all the way through.


1 serving. Approx. calories per serving: 151


Recipe found at womenshealthmag.com

So I figured I'd start us off with a recipe instead of just talking. This is what I made tonight for a side dish to my Boca Burger. Definitely packs a punch, so you might cut back a little on the spices if you don't know if you want it that spicy.

1 comment: