07 September 2009

Squash and Pesto Pasta

Squash and pesto pasta
Ingredients:
1-2 tsp olive oil
1 medium squash, sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1 1/2-2 Tbsp prepared pesto
Pasta
Parmesan cheese, to taste
Directions:
1. Prepare pasta according to directions on package, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat and add squash, zucchini and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes or until just softened.
3. Add cherry tomatoes. When they start to soften, add pasta, pesto and a little of the pasta water (You won't need all the reserved water, but you need enough so the pesto is a little thinned out).
4. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Notes:
Sort of came up with this recipe myself, so I was happy with it. I think it needs something else, but i'm not sure what...something sweet? Next time I'll probably add some red bell peppers and I might take away the tomatoes. Overall pretty tasty.

1 comment: